REC - PUBLIC¶
Miscellaneous - Formats used to exchange data between CDCB and partners/industry.
REC files include recessive code information.
CDCB receives REC records from some organizations on a regular basis. Note that Brown Swiss information is extracted from the animals' names, since the reception of recessives was discontinued before 2016.
Results are external genetic tests performed or received by breeds associations. The data is released by CDCB for males only in file "recessives_YYMM.csv" three times a year (at triannual runs) and distributed in the /bulls folder of the public FTP site.
Old (outdated) format¶
- File name:
- INCOMING: YYYYMMDD.REC (example: 20170403.REC)
- PUBLIC: recessives_YYMM.csv (example: recessives_2104.csv)
- Delimiter: pipe-delimited file
- INCOMING: eval_breed|country_code|sex_code|anim_id_num|recess_code|rha_ind
- PUBLIC: eval_breed|country_code|sex_code|anim_id_num|recess_code
- Layout: one line per animal per recessive code, therefore multiple rows per animal are expected to be present in the file.
Field Ref. N.Bytes Description eval_breed 2 bytes Breed code country_code 3 bytes Country code sex_code 1 byte Sex code animal_id_num 12 bytes Animal ID number recess_code 148 2/3 bytes Recessive code (see reference) rha_ind 2 bytes RHA indicator (‘NA’, ‘I ‘, ‘ ‘) - for HAUSA use only
- Example file:
eval_breed|country_code|anim_id_num|recess_code|rha_ind HO|USA|F|000000000001|TL| HO|USA|F|000000000002|TV| HO|USA|F|000000000003|TY| HO|USA|F|000000000004|TL| HO|USA|F|000000000005|TV|
eval_breed|country_code|anim_id_num|recess_code HO|USA|F|000000000001|TL HO|USA|F|000000000002|TV HO|USA|F|000000000003|TY HO|USA|F|000000000004|TL HO|USA|F|000000000005|TV
- OLD FORMAT (no longer accepted after June 30th, 2017) https://queries.uscdcb.com/CF-RCS/GetRCS.cfm?DocType=formats&DocName=fmtrec.html